Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Save CBGB's

  1. #21
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by Ravensong:
    Please Hurry!! Time is running out!!
    Please go to www.savecbgb.org to sign the petition.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JoanandJoeydolls
    <font size="4">Be a </font><font size="6">DOLL</font> <font size="4">and sign that petition!</font>

    Thanks!
    yourock
    Gus

  2. #22
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yep! It's Joan alright!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, it looks kinda like Dee Dee who also wore red cons, and was about 5'5.
    Thanks for signing!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And, no there won't be a new "scene"

    Sir Raven sometimes it takes time for scenes, but they do show up from time to time.

    Late 60's was San Fran, airplane, dead, janis, carlos etc

    mid/later 70's of course nyc punk

    early 80's athens GA had REM and was a hot bed.

    LA had hair metal for spell

    Seattle of course in the 90's

    I think as long as there bands who want and have the need to be heard they will find a way.

    I will always be optimistic and look for that half full glass.

  5. #25
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    GRRREAT synopsis Charles! I would just add the Cavern Club and the Mersey Beat sound of the early 60's!
    I loved it...yeah yeah yeah! //oo\\

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Charly C, you missed alot, and I disagree with you. You don't know your musical history, but that has nothing to do with saving CBGB's, it's COMPLETELY OFF THE SUBJECT. No more responses on "Scenes", and who says I'm a "Sir"?? I haven't been knighted.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Raven I was using Sir as a sign of respect.

    But to state I don't know musical history etc or have missed alot is your opinion.

    Every ones got one.

    Addios.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    History is fact, not opinion, and again, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING CBGB"S

  9. #29
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe I missed something too here. What is it then that you are talking about.

  10. #30
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Okay, everybody take 10 deep breaths. Turn off your minds...relax and float downstream!

    I hope to visit CBGBs some day so I sure hope it will still be there. I hate it when they pave paradise and put in a parking lot!

    This has been a fun, free-flowing, discussion and I have enjoyed everybody's input!

    Peace!
    Gus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic